LAKE WASHINGTON LOOP AND DUWAMISH WATERWAY
(directions given coming from the north on the west side of the lake)
- You could just stay on Rainier Ave. and turn right on SW 7th.
- If you don’t want to brave the traffic on Rainier, at the north end of the Renton Airport take Perimeter Way
- From Perimeter Way, at the main Airport entrance sign,
- Cross Airport Way S and go west on Shattuck Ave. S. (there’s a light)
- Continue through the faculty parking lot at Renton High School
- Cross 2nd and 3rd
- Go under a low (one lane) railroad underpass and turn right onto SW 7th St;
- Go west, cross Rainier Ave.,
- Continue until SW 7th St. ends in a "T" intersection at Powell Ave. SW
- Cross Powell and at the gate turn left onto a grassy ramp down to the Springbrook Creek trail
- Cross Grady Way at the light and look for the trail continuation that takes you under 405.
- Take a right on Longacres Way – there’s a bike lane – and at the "T" go left into the Boeing parking lot
- [Alternatively, instead of crossing Grady Way, turn right onto the Grady Way sidewalk / bike path
- Pass the entrance to Guy’s RV storage and take the first right onto the street signed "South Plant Entrance" which has a bike lane
- (This is just before the bridge over the railroad – you could also stay on Grady Way up and over the Burlington Northern bridge but the intersection with Interurban Ave. at the other end of the bridge is pretty busy.)
- The plant entrance street curves around to the left and becomes Longacres Dr. SW.
- Go under 405, past the intersection with SW 16th, keep right and]
- continue into a Boeing parking lot to a bike / pedestrian passage through a chain-link fence that closes the road. Turn right onto
- Longacres Way, go under the Burlington Northern tracks, to the Interurban Trail; turn right onto the trail and go under 405, around the Funplex, over the Green River on a bike bridge, and turn right into Fort Dent Park where you pick up the Duwamish Waterway trail.
Note 1 – these directions work just fine in reverse.
Note 2 – coming from the north on the East side of the lake (Gene Coulon Park), ride through the Boeing facility on Park and turn right on Sixth. Go west on Logan crossing the Cedar River (and the Cedar River trail which goes under your bridge). Immediately after the bridge swerve right onto Perimeter Way (follow the "bike route" signs) and at the main Airport entrance sign make a left onto Shattuck.